N.K. Jemisin

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Travis, Charlotte, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

N.K. Jemisin

Message par jerome » lun. sept. 03, 2018 8:18 am

Voici le discours de N.K. Jemisin après son troisième prix Hugo consécutif :)
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Message par jerome » dim. oct. 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Je signale une interview dans Locus dont certains extraits sont en ligne.

“I am increasingly antisocial as I get older. Cons are always an intense peopling experience, and I am one of those introverts who can get up in front of a crowd and talk and teach and perform, but then I need to go and recharge. Conventions don’t really give you the time to do that. They’re meant to be an intense social experience, be a chance for people who don’t see each other for like a year to get back together and party and have fun, which is great. I need a slower pace of social than any convention can possibly do. I think my first experience with Worldcon was back when I lived in Boston in 2004, before I ever started to get published. I remember going to it and being put off, because I came from the anime convention life. I used to run an anime convention called Shoujocon, back when I was younger, but it didn’t last very long, sadly. It was really mighty while it did – small but mighty. The anime con circuit is younger, much more diverse, with way more people of color and way more queer people. The science fiction con circuit – my first exposure was like day and night. I’d gone from cons that were full of vibrant young people having raves, to Worldcon in the early 2000s, where everybody was gray except me. I was basically the youngest person there, and I was 32. That was off-putting.
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur vos auteurs »