Larry Niven

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Travis, Charlotte, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Larry Niven

Message par jerome » dim. avr. 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Je signale cet article en anglais sur les ouvrages de Larry Niven et Jerry Pournelle : The Mote in God’s Eye and The Gripping Hand.
Even before the stories were called “science fiction,” authors have speculated on and theorized about contact with alien beings. In 1974, two of the era’s most popular science fiction authors, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, decided to team up and produce the ultimate first contact novel, a tale they called A Mote in God’s Eye. Their different approaches to storytelling ended up meshing quite well; not only did they produce a landmark novel, they started a best-selling collaboration that lasted for decades. The book was praised by Robert Heinlein as “[t]he best novel about human beings making first contact with intelligent but utterly non-human aliens I have ever seen, and possibly the finest science fiction novel I have ever read.” Today, I’ll look at that original novel, one of my favorite novels of all time, and also its 1993 sequel, The Gripping Hand, which—while some feel that it’s not as strong as the original book—brings the tale to a satisfying conclusion.

Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur vos auteurs »