Interview Scott Edelman

<i>Les infos, les dédicaces etc</i>

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
Priscilla

Interview Scott Edelman

Message par Priscilla » jeu. juil. 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Le site Shirley Jackson Awards.org publie une interview en langue anglaise du scénariste de comics Scott Edelman (Captain America, Avengers, Captain Marvel, entre autres).

Il y parle de ses sources d'inspirations, de sa vision de l'horreur et des zombies... ainsi que de son nouveau projet What Will Come After.

En voici un extrait, et pour l'intégralité, c'est ici.
Hi! Thanks for agreeing to do the interview. What’s the appeal of zombies–and horror–to you?

I love horror for the same reasons I love science fiction and fantasy — because it allows me to break free of writing only of the things that are and escape into the world of things that could only exist in dream. It also gives me access to metaphors that non-fantastic literature cannot, and allows me to explore the human condition in ways unavailable in mimetic fiction. And also — it’s fun!

But as for the special appeal of zombies — because the zombie is a blank slate, there is no metaphor the zombie cannot inhabit. It’s a universal conceit. And the zombie also happens to be the most frightening of the monsters, because that mindlessness, that lack of self, is an aspect we all fear. If we live long enough, we will all become somewhat zombielike, our personhood gone. So zombies are chilling to me in a way vampires could never be.
What would Malcolm Reynolds do ?

Répondre

Retourner vers « La BD »