Interview Alex Scarrow

<i>Vos lectures, vos incontournables, vos remarques, les événements... </i>

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
marie.m

Interview Alex Scarrow

Message par marie.m » lun. févr. 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Alex Scarrow, l'auteur de la série Time Riders, est en interview sur le site SF Signal.

Extrait :
KC: You’ve written thrillers, the YA series “TimeRiders”, and you have a brand new series coming up this year, “ELLIE QUINN”! You’re a very busy guy! Will you tell us a bit about “TimeRiders” and “ELLIE QUINN”?

AS: TimeRiders is the series that has helped raise my profile. It has been extremely successful and published now in more than 30 countries. It’s a nine book series about three teenagers who’ve been recruited to an agency (extracted from the very last moments of their ‘natural lives’). The agency has been established to ‘police’ time travel, to prevent instances of illicit time travel from altering the time line, thus, altering the present.

The other series, ELLIE QUIN, is a thriller that takes place in a far future that in many ways is so much like our own. It’s about a very ordinary girl, who for some reason has something about her (not saying what!) that could alter the destiny of all of mankind. She’s pursued across the ‘Human Universe’ from world to world by some very scary types. But in a way, it’s the universe that is the main character! It’s bright, fun place full of funky things, ideas….to give you an example, in this universe there’s this nail polish all the girls wear, that, when it dries, you can watch TV on it – a different channel on every finger! Some people have described ELLIE QUIN as ‘HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy‘ meets ‘Bridget Jones’. (Somebody else described it as ‘Thelma and Louise in Space’!) ELLIE QUIN is something of an experiment for me as I’m self-publishing it. Currently it’s only available through Amazon as an ebook, or for print, through their print label.

Répondre

Retourner vers « La SF jeunesse »