Gardner Dozois

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Travis, Charlotte, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Gardner Dozois

Message par jerome » lun. avr. 15, 2013 10:18 am

Gardner Dozois est auteur, mais aussi anthologiste (on lui en doit de nombreuses avec George R.R.Martin dont Song of the Dying Earth).

Il est en interview ici

Extrait :
You edit several science fiction anthologies every year, including the Year’s Best Science Fiction series. What are the creative challenges you most enjoy?
For original anthologies, getting the best work I can from good authors and helping them to make it better if it needs it. For reprint anthologies, like the Year’s Best Science Fiction, reading widely, staying receptive and using the best work I can find. Even after all these years, finding a really first-rate story is still a thrill, one I want to share with others.
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

jerome

Message par jerome » mer. mai 30, 2018 6:02 am

Jérôme

jerome

Message par jerome » lun. juin 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Une interview sur le blog de Bifrost

Un peu plus tard, alors que j’étais en train de lire ces juvéniles d’Heinlein, j’ai découvert les magazines de science-fiction, et là je suis vraiment devenu accro. Mon premier magazine a été Fantastic, dirigé à l’époque par Cele Goldsmith. Elle venait de convaincre Fritz Leiber de sortir de sa semi-retraite, et le magazine publiait toutes ses histoires du cycle des Epées, qui m’ont accroché aussi sec. À peu près au même moment, je suis tombé sur des anthologies comme Unknown par Don Benson et Sword and Sorcery par L. Sprague de Camp, qui proposaient le même genre d’histoires, dont d’ailleurs certaines appartenant au cycle des Epées. À l’exception d’Heinlein, j’ai donc commencé par être fan de fantasy, avant de devenir fan de SF.

Je pense que ce sont les histoires d’auteurs comme Zelazny – en plus d’Heinlein, bien sûr – qui m’ont petit à petit détourné de l’ heroic fantasy pour m’amener à la SF. À partir de là, j’ai commencé à lire tout ce que je trouvais.
Jérôme

jerome

Message par jerome » dim. juin 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Jérôme

Aldaran

Message par Aldaran » dim. juin 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Une nouvelle de lui.
Pas encore lue, je ne commente pas.

jerome

Message par jerome » mer. juin 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Un petit mot de George R.R.Martin, qui était très proche.
There’s really not much that I can say that has not already been said. As an editor, I think, Gardner had few peers. Over the decades our genre has been fortunate in having a succession of amazing editors: H.L. Gold, Anthony Boucher, Terry Carr, Damon Knight, Robert Silverberg, Donald A. Wollheim, Cele Goldsmith Lalli, Ellen Datlow, Ben Bova, Ted White, Fred Pohl, and Groff Conklin all come to mind, and many more. But two figures tower above them all: John W. Campbell, the editorial genius who gave SF its Golden Age, for whom not one but two memorial awards are named… and Gardner Dozois. His stint as editor of Asimov’s can rightly be compared only with Campbell’s decades at Astounding and Analog, and was similarly influential. He discovered and nurtured more new talents than I could possibly remember or recount… among them, myself. Not at Asimov’s, no. I was already well established before Gardner got that gig. No, he found me long before, in his first editorial job… reading the slush pile at Galaxy. It was in that pile, in the summer of 1970, that he came across my short story “The Hero,” and passed it along to editor Ejler Jakobsson with a recommendation to buy. That was my first professional sale, and came during the summer between my senior and graduate years at Northwestern, when I starting to seriously contemplate what I wanted to do with my life. That sale, and the publication that followed, went a long way toward making that decision for me. It’s no exaggeration to say that I might not be where I am today if Gardner had not fished me out of the slush pile in 1970.
Jérôme

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur vos auteurs »