Autant vs au temps

Modérateurs : Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

MF

Message par MF » mer. juil. 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Erion a écrit :Tu préfères écrire événement ou évènement ?
MOUAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!! (*)

C'est encore mieux qu'un néon clignotant.

(*) © Pratchett

CitronMeringue

Message par CitronMeringue » mer. juil. 15, 2009 6:06 pm

MF a écrit :
MOUAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!! (*)

(*) © Pratchett
Là, je regrette franchement que Timothée Rey ne fréquente pas ce forum *pleure de rire et ne s'arrête plus*

Lensman

Message par Lensman » mer. juil. 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Parfois, dans les vieux bouquins, on voit écrit "poësie" au lieu de "poésie". Je rigole bien, ça montre que nos ancêtres étaient nuls en orthographe, eux aussi!
Oncle Joe

Eons

Message par Eons » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 7:11 am

Frères humains qui après nous vivez
N'ayez les coeurs contre nous endurciz,
Car, ce pitié de nous pauvres avez,
Dieu en aura plus tost de vous merciz.
Vous nous voyez ci, attachés cinq, six
Quant de la chair, que trop avons nourrie,
Elle est piéca devorée et pourrie,
Et nous les os, devenons cendre et pouldre.
De nostre mal personne ne s'en rie:
Mais priez Dieu que tous nous veuille absouldre!

Comptez les fautes ! :lol:
Les beaux livres, c’est aussi par ici : www.eons.fr

Le_navire

Message par Le_navire » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 10:18 am

L'Académie Française a été crée justement pour fixer des règles d'orthographe. Auparavant, chacun écrivait le français à l'oreille et comme il le sentait. Richelieu, le premier à mettre en place un réseau serré d'informateurs qui communiquait par courrier, en a fait les frais à plusieurs reprises : certaines missives étaient si mal écrites qu'on les comprenait mal et que les contre sens étaient nombreux. Fixer l'orthographe lui a paru essentiel à la surveillance du territoire... Et oui, on a fixé l'orthographe pour des raisons de basse police...

:twisted:
"Ils ne sont grands que parce que vous êtes à genoux"

marc

Message par marc » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 10:27 am

Eons a écrit :Comptez les fautes ! :lol:
C'est écrit dans quelle langue ? :lol:
Marc Le Blog science-fiction de Marc et Phenix Mag
Auteurs préférés : Banks, Hamilton, Simmons, Heinlein, Reynolds, Vance, Weber, Bordage, P. Anderson, Eddings

kibu

Message par kibu » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 10:41 am

Autant en emporte le flood...
A l'envers, à l'endroit

Ô Dingos, ô châteaux

Nicky

Message par Nicky » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 11:48 am

Alors comment ils ont fait les anglais sans acadamie britannique ?
Niveau manque d'unité entre prononciation et écriture, ils sont les champions d'Europe, pourtant ils ont maintenant une écriture à peu près unifiée.

marc

Message par marc » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Nicky a écrit :Niveau manque d'unité entre prononciation et écriture, ils sont les champions d'Europe, pourtant ils ont maintenant une écriture à peu près unifiée.
On ne fait pas vraiment mieux !
- Seconde qui se prononce segonde
- De Broglie qui se prononce De Breuil
- etc...

Mais c'est aussi ça qui fait le charme de notre langue.
Marc Le Blog science-fiction de Marc et Phenix Mag
Auteurs préférés : Banks, Hamilton, Simmons, Heinlein, Reynolds, Vance, Weber, Bordage, P. Anderson, Eddings

Sand

Message par Sand » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 12:29 pm

CitronMeringue a écrit :
MF a écrit :
MOUAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!! (*)

(*) © Pratchett
Là, je regrette franchement que Timothée Rey ne fréquente pas ce forum *pleure de rire et ne s'arrête plus*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merci pour ce bon bol de rire !

(mais on va passer pour encore plus cinglés que d'habitude !)

Le_navire

Message par Le_navire » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Nicky a écrit :Alors comment ils ont fait les anglais sans acadamie britannique ?
Niveau manque d'unité entre prononciation et écriture, ils sont les champions d'Europe, pourtant ils ont maintenant une écriture à peu près unifiée.
Les anglais sont des dieux...

Non, trève de,,. (même si) comme toujours, les anglais sont moins formalistes : ça s'est développé naturellement avec Oxbridge et le développement du livre vers la fin du XVIIIeme. Un peu après nous, mais au moins sans chichis... Ce qui fait que la langue est plus souple aussi et autorise plus d'emprunts aux langues étrangères. C'est aussi passé par une plus grande différence entre langue parlée et langue écrite, même si comme partout, ça tend à s'effacer depuis le XXeme siècle.
"Ils ne sont grands que parce que vous êtes à genoux"

Daelf

Message par Daelf » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 1:25 pm

... je peux, je peux ?

Allez. (Je met pas en quote, ce sera moins douloureux pour les yeux.)

<< There are all kinds of pedants around with more time to read and imitate Lynne Truss and John Humphrys than to write poems, love-letters, novels and stories it seems. They whip out their Sharpies and take away and add apostrophes from public signs, shake their heads at prepositions which end sentences and mutter at split infinitives and misspellings, but do they bubble and froth and slobber and cream with joy at language? Do they ever let the tripping of the tips of their tongues against the tops of their teeth transport them to giddy euphoric bliss? Do they ever yoke impossible words together for the sound-sex of it? Do they use language to seduce, charm, excite, please, affirm and tickle those they talk to? Do they? I doubt it. They&#8217;re too farting busy sneering at a greengrocer&#8217;s less than perfect use of the apostrophe. Well sod them to Hades. They think they&#8217;re guardians of language. They&#8217;re no more guardians of language than the Kennel Club is the guardian of dogkind.

The worst of this sorry bunch of semi-educated losers are those who seem to glory in being irritated by nouns becoming verbs. How dense and deaf to language development do you have to be? If you don&#8217;t like nouns becoming verbs, then for heaven&#8217;s sake avoid Shakespeare who made a doing-word out of a thing-word every chance he got. He TABLED the motion and CHAIRED the meeting in which nouns were made verbs. New examples from our time might take some getting used to: &#8216;He actioned it that day&#8217; for instance might strike some as a verbing too far, but we have been sanctioning, envisioning, propositioning and stationing for a long time, so why not &#8216;action&#8217;? &#8216;Because it&#8217;s ugly,&#8217; whinge the pedants. It&#8217;s only ugly because it&#8217;s new and you don&#8217;t like it. Ugly in the way Picasso, Stravinsky and Eliot were once thought ugly and before them Monet, Mahler and Baudelaire. Pedants will also claim, with what I am sure is eye-popping insincerity and shameless disingenuousness, that their fight is only for &#8216;clarity&#8217;. This is all very well, but there is no doubt what &#8216;Five items or less&#8217; means, just as only a dolt can&#8217;t tell from the context and from the age and education of the speaker, whether &#8216;disinterested&#8217; is used in the &#8216;proper&#8217; sense of non-partisan, or in the &#8216;improper&#8217; sense of uninterested. No, the claim to be defending language for the sake of clarity almost never, ever holds water. Nor does the idea that following grammatical rules in language demonstrates clarity of thought and intelligence of mind. Having said this, I admit that if you want to communicate well for the sake of passing an exam or job interview, then it is obvious that wildly original and excessively heterodox language could land you in the soup. I think what offends examiners and employers when confronted with extremely informal, unpunctuated and haywire language is the implication of not caring that underlies it. You slip into a suit for an interview and you dress your language up too. You can wear what you like linguistically or sartorially when you&#8217;re at home or with friends, but most people accept the need to smarten up under some circumstances &#8211; it&#8217;s only considerate. But that is an issue of fitness, of suitability, it has nothing to do with correctness. There no right language or wrong language any more than are right or wrong clothes. Context, convention and circumstance are all.

I don&#8217;t deny that a small part of me still clings to a ghastly Radio 4/newspaper-letter-writer reader pedantry, but I fight against it in much the same way I try to fight against my gluttony, anger, selfishness and other vices. I must confess, for example, that I find it hard not to wince when someone aspirates the word &#8216;aitch&#8217;. Haitch Eye Vee, you hear all the time now, for HIV. It&#8217;s pretty much nails on the blackboard to me, as is the use of the word &#8216;yourself&#8217; or &#8216;myself&#8217; when all that is meant is &#8216;you&#8217; or &#8216;me&#8217; but I daresay myself&#8217;s accent and manner is nails on the blackboard to yourself or to others too, in itself&#8217;s own way. Myself also mourns, sometimes, the death of that phrase I bade you upon pain of slapping to remember some time back, &#8216;willy-nilly&#8217;, do you remember? Fold it in your hope chest, I urged, or seal it in a baggie. Well you can take it out now. Willy-nilly. What happened there? Willy-nilly is now used, it seems, to mean &#8216;all over the place&#8217;; its original meaning of &#8216;whether you like it or not&#8217; (in other words &#8216;willing or unwilling&#8217;) is all but forgotten. Well, that&#8217;s ok, I suppose. I don&#8217;t mind either that the word &#8216;meld&#8217; is now being used as a kind of fusion of melt and weld, instead of in its original sense of &#8216;announce&#8217;. Meld has changed &#8230; that&#8217;s okay. There&#8217;s no right or wrong in language, any more than there&#8217;s right or wrong in nature. Evolution is all about restless and continuous change, mutation and variation. What was once &#8216;meant&#8217; in the animal kingdom to be a nose can end up as an antenna, a tongue, eyes, a pair of lips or a blank space once evolution and the permutation of new DNA and new conditions has got to work. If the foulness of the Kennel Club mentality was operated in nature, just imagine &#8230; giraffes&#8217; necks wouldn&#8217;t be allowed to stretch, camels wouldn&#8217;t get humps, such alterations would be wrong. Well it&#8217;s the same in language, there&#8217;s no right or wrong, only usage. Convention exists, of course it does, but convention is no more a register of rightness or wrongness than etiquette is, it&#8217;s just another way of saying usage: convention is a privately agreed usage rather than a publicly evolving one. Conventions alter too, like life. Things that are kept to purity of line, in the Kennel Club manner, develop all the ghastly illnesses and deformations of inbreeding and lack of vital variation. Imagine if we all spoke the same language, fabulous as it is, as Dickens? Imagine if the structure, meaning and usage of language was always the same as when Swift and Pope were alive. Superficially appealing as an idea for about five seconds, but horrifying the more you think about it.

If you are the kind of person who insists on this and that &#8216;correct use&#8217; I hope I can convince you to abandon your pedantry. Dive into the open flowing waters and leave the stagnant canals be. >>

(Le looong billet complet est là, et très intéressant, le dernier gros paragraphe ("one final thought...") en particulier vaut le détour. On peut même avoir le podcast du même billet ; toujours un bonheur d'écouter le monsieur.)

Le point de la diatribe, pour résumer, est qu'il ne sert à rien de chier une pendule sur des détails pointus de l'usage orthographique ou grammatical, et que le plaisir d'utiliser le langage est très important... En français, je prends ça comme : "évènement ou événement, on s'en fout, on voit bien que c'est le même mot, fauites pas chier." "Au temps / autant pour moi", pareil, on s'en fout, l'expression est quand même plus jolie que "ah pardon je m'a gourré" non ?

Allez, zen (dit celle qui n'arrive pas encore à laisser sa crispation au placard devant les "vraies" fautes et le jargonnage à la con, mais qui fait des efforts. Si si, promis juré.)
Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way. (the 7th Doctor)
Blog HS après déménagement. En attendant, photos !

Aldaran

Message par Aldaran » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 1:27 pm

On s'en fout... mais pas trop quand même.
Paske si jkoze com sa tu conpren ossi mé c le mal.

Daelf

Message par Daelf » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Aldaran a écrit :On s'en fout... mais pas trop quand même.
Paske si jkoze com sa tu conpren ossi mé c le mal.
Pas de ma faute si t'es mal comprenant, j'ai pourtant précisé "détail pointu". La pointitude du détail varie selon les personnes, mais "paske" au lieu de "parce que", c'est à peu près aussi pointu qu'une poutre.
Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way. (the 7th Doctor)
Blog HS après déménagement. En attendant, photos !

Stéphane
Administrateur - Site Admin

Message par Stéphane » jeu. juil. 16, 2009 1:38 pm

comme on dit : TLDR

Répondre

Retourner vers « Du fond de la salle (pour parler d'autre chose) »