Les conseils de John Scalzi

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m, Nathalie

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Les conseils de John Scalzi

Message par jerome » ven. sept. 17, 2010 7:56 am

John Scalzi a écrit un article intitulé : Writing: Find the Time or Don’t.

Voici le début :
Over the last couple of months I’ve gotten a fair number of letters from aspiring writers who want to write but find themselves plagued by the vicissitudes of the day, i.e., they’ve got jobs, and they’re tiring, and when they come home they just want to collapse in front of the TV/spend time with family/blow up anthills in the backyard/whatever. And so they want to know two things: One, how I keep inspired to write; two, how one manages to find the time and/or will to write when the rest of life is so draining. I’ve addressed these before, but at this point the archives are vast, so I’ll go ahead and address them again.

The answer to the first of these is simple and unsatisfying: I keep inspired to write because if I don’t then the mortgage company will be inspired to foreclose on my house. And I’d prefer not to have that happen. This answer is simple because it’s true — hey, this is my job, I don’t have another — and it’s unsatisfying because writers, and I suppose particularly authors of fiction, are assumed to have some other, more esoteric inspiration. And, you know. Maybe other authors do. But to the extent that I have to be inspired to write at all on a day-to-day basis (and I really don’t; you don’t keep a daily blog for twelve years, for example, if you’re the sort of person who has to wait for inspiration to get your fingers going across a keyboard), the desire to make money for myself and my family works well enough. Another day, another dollar, etc
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Don Lorenjy

Message par Don Lorenjy » ven. sept. 17, 2010 8:20 am

J'aime bien le titre : Find the time or don't.
Après, l'argument dollar est assez scalzien, mais pourquoi pas...
Les marques Don Lorenjy et Don Lo sont retirées des rayons

Répondre

Retourner vers « Vos questions sur l'écriture et l'édition en général »