Une interview de Charles Stross

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Une interview de Charles Stross

Message par jerome » dim. oct. 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Charles Stross est en interview en anglais ici.

Extrait :
What got you involved in science fiction?
Charles Stross : One of my earliest recollections is being woken up at some ungodly hour in the morning by my parents and sat in front of the fairly new black and white television, watching a grainy image of a man in a white suit climbing down a ladder. It was the first moon landing, and I became a sort of spaceman, as many kids were. I began reading science fiction and then writing it. I can't imagine not doing it.

(...)

Your books like Singularity Sky throw off lots of ideas.
Charles Stross : That's a speciality of mine. Science fiction has been around for about 70 years, and many writers use stock props like galactic empires, space ships, and aliens. I like to look behind and around ideas to see their implications, not only the obvious consequences. The inventors of lasers had no idea that 50 years later we would be using them to play music, much less that some countries would be trying to ban compact hand-held lasers because idiots have been shining them at pilots on final approach.
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur la Science Fiction, la Fantasy et le fantastique en général »