Une interview de Gregory Benford

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Une interview de Gregory Benford

Message par jerome » mar. févr. 21, 2012 8:26 am

C'est en anglais ici.

Extrait :

"How do you balance off writing and your academic life? What’s a writing day look like for you?

I write for fun, always have. I fit it in around my research interests and time I spend working with the company I founded, Genescient. SF emerges from my scientific interests, so my life self-reinforces.

I try to write in the mornings, when I’m smarter (we all are, and get more stupid through the day). Sometimes I take months away from writing, which builds a narrative pressure and makes writing fluid when I do return to it. It’s a fun life.

Do you have anything upcoming that you’d like to let our readers know about?

I’ve started revisiting some of my novels and getting them back from their original publishers. In 2011, I reissued in a new edition my longest novel, about cryonics as I’ve known it, Chiller. It’s updated and available in trade paperback and e-editions.

Next year, Larry Niven and I will publish the first of two volumes of a long novel, The Bowl of Heaven. It’s about what I call a Big Smart Object—a starship the size of a solar system, with all the physics worked out. But who would build such a thing . . .
"
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur la Science Fiction, la Fantasy et le fantastique en général »