Becky Chambers

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Travis, Charlotte, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Becky Chambers

Message par jerome » dim. déc. 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Becky Chambers vient de signer l'article : Meet My Alien Family: Writing Across Cultures in Science Fiction.

C'est en anglais et à lire ici

So, my family tree. My mother’s parents immigrated to the US from Germany in the 1950s. My mom and her brother were born in California, where I was born, too. My uncle returned to Germany after college, got married, and had two kids. One of those kids was adopted from Russia (and has triple citizenship, the lucky dog); the other now lives in London. Both my brother and I inherited that side of the family’s wanderlust, which is why until a couple years ago, when it came time for me to cool my heels, everything I owned (aside from a shedful of books at my parents’ house) fit into three suitcases. It’s also why it felt totally natural for me to spread my family out further. My wife’s an Icelander, born and bred, as are all my in-laws. Well, except for the handful that live in Norway.

Holidays are complicated.
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

jerome

Message par jerome » mar. mai 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Un article sur son nouveau roman : The Spaceborn Communities of Becky Chambers

Like Chambers’ previous novels, Record of a Spaceborn Few is a quiet, almost domestic work, underlain with a deep compassion and a feeling for community. The community of the Exodus Fleet is a character here, as much as any of the individuals, and as Chambers explores it from different angles the reader becomes aware that this is a meditation of sorts on the point of communities: on how they change, and on the people who live in them.

I deeply appreciate Chambers’ science fiction, and I really enjoyed this novel. Quiet, kind, character-driven books are wonderfully restful. Delightfully soothing.

What are you guys reading lately?
Jérôme

jerome

Message par jerome » mer. juil. 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Becky Chambers signe sur le blog de Tor cet article : Three Ingredients for Space Travel
If you have the chance to go listen to a talk by an astronaut, and if there’s a Q&A afterward, there are three questions that I can pretty much guarantee will come up: What do you eat in space? Where do you sleep? And of course, the old standby—how do you go to the bathroom? The age of the audience is irrelevant, as is the topic of the talk. You might have just sat through an hour on the politics of space policy, or on the future of planetary exploration, but regardless, inevitably, there will be some curious audience member for whom a Google search is not enough. They must know, human to human, how daily necessities are handled when the stability of a planet has been removed from the equation.
Jérôme

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur vos auteurs »