Des nouvelles d'Adam Roberts

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Des nouvelles d'Adam Roberts

Message par jerome » jeu. août 30, 2007 7:59 am

Adam Roberts (La Der des étoiles chez Bragelonne) sort un nouveau livre dans les prochains jours : Splinter. Une sorte d'hommage à Jules Verne.

Il a évoqué son livre lors d'une interview.
"Adam Roberts: Splinter is an end of the world story, but based on this twist: what if the world ends and nobody notices? Or more precisely: what if the world ends and you find yourself asking 'hey, did the world just end? Or not?'

"It's a reaction, really, against a tendency in recent apocalyptic sf, the grand barnstorming The Day After Tomorrow style of disaster: nothing wrong with those BANG BANG BANG sorts of stories, but to do something subtler and hopefully more eloquent.

I suppose it's based on the sense I have that, whilst catastrophes can strike our lives in ways that shatter us and leave us lying in the rubble, it's more usually the case that a catastrophe strikes our life and we don't, at first, even notice it's happened; or else we misunderstand it. It is a new departure for me, I think; although I'm not sure how you'd characterise 'an Adam Roberts novel' except in terms of trying something new each time.
"

L'interview est ici

Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur la Science Fiction, la Fantasy et le fantastique en général »