Terry Pratchett parle de Doctor Who

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Terry Pratchett parle de Doctor Who

Message par jerome » mar. mai 04, 2010 9:54 am

Terry Pratchett parle de Doctor Who dans cet article.

Extrait :
"SFX magazine’s guest editor, Sir Terry Pratchett himself, explains why Doctor Who is questionable SF

I wish I could hate Doctor Who.

I was there at the beginning, chums, the very beginning, when the world was monochrome, and pretty grainy monochrome at that. I remember arguing at school about the tune, particularly how long you should go bumdy bum bumdy bum bumdy bum bumdy bum before you got on to the woooooooeeeeeee bumdidy bum bit.

It was all new in those days. In fact I was there twice. It was talked about so much in the following week that the BBC had to air it again on the next Saturday before showing the second episode. There was a huge amount of interest even though the Daleks hadn’t turned up yet. It suffered, of course, from early Star Trek syndrome, where you find yourself either in a room with a few flashing lights in it, or a gravel pit. But it was fun while it lasted. The world filled up with other things, up to and including getting an education, a job and a girlfriend – in that order. I saw the occasional episode in which, generally speaking, the world was attacked by teapots. Various Doctors came and went while I had to live in the big world which didn’t wobble, but had far more reasons for hiding under the sofa.

I was vaguely aware of the arrival of K-9, a hilariously dreadful prop in the Doctor Who tradition, and I saw enough to realise that the Doctor was beginning to engage more with the planet, possibly because Earth is cheaper.

And then suddenly it all changed. We had a couple of Doctors who were “street”, at least by BBC standards, and what looked like very good, very well-thought-out sets and effects. I still preferred Torchwood, though, which tried so hard and came up with some memorable episodes, of which “Small Worlds” (the one about fairies) sticks most in the mind. It was clever.
"
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Cinéma et séries »