Kristine Kathryn Rusch et les attentes des lecteurs

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Kristine Kathryn Rusch et les attentes des lecteurs

Message par jerome » ven. nov. 21, 2008 8:15 am

Kristine Kathryn Rusch vient de mettre en ligne un texte sur les attentes des lecteurs.

Voici le début

"As I mentioned in the September Recommended Reading, a book I read inspired me to write an essay on reader expectations. I have a hunch this essay will extend to two or more, hence the title.

I had to wait to write this essay until my reaction to that book cooled down. As I mentioned before, I don’t believe in trashing other writer’s work. I see no point. At some level, it all boils down to taste. I like to hear when someone enjoys my work, and I’m sure other writers do as well. I also appreciate it when someone points out a book I might enjoy. That’s the impetus for the Recommended Reading part of this website.

The book that started me thinking of these essays was by an author whose work I love. The author (whom I will now refer to as A) wrote a novel that’s one of my all-time favorite books. When A came out with a new novel after too long an absence, I picked it up immediately.

The novel is a cross-genre blend of historical fiction and fantsy. It takes a major historical event and promises to add magic. The event is so major, even the most historically illiterate among us would know it. For the purposes of this article, I’m going to say that the event is the bombing of Pearl Harbor. It’s not. It’s not even close (by years, location, or involvement). But it shares a sudden moment, the kind that changes history in an instant.
"

Tout l'article
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur la Science Fiction, la Fantasy et le fantastique en général »