Les conseils de Kristine Kathryn Rusch

Modérateurs : Estelle Hamelin, Eric, jerome, Jean, Travis, Charlotte, tom, marie.m

Répondre
jerome
Administrateur - Site Admin

Les conseils de Kristine Kathryn Rusch

Message par jerome » ven. sept. 11, 2009 8:06 am

Kristine Kathryn Rusch a mis en ligne un nouvel article surThe Freelancer’s Survival Guide. En voici un extrait :

"The Freelancer’s Survival Guide: Setbacks Part Two
Kristine Kathryn Rusch

Last week, I wrote about setbacks. As has always been the case with these topics, they’re more involved than I initially plan. Sure, I can write about setbacks in 2000 words, but I can’t write about them in depth.
So I started in-depth last week, and I got through two of my four categories. Let’s see how far I get this week.
To review, I listed four major categories of setbacks. I know, I know, there are a million subcategories, but I can’t deal with a million, not and retain my sanity.

The four major categories are:
1. Financial
2. Mechanical/technical/production
3. Physical
4. Emotional

If you want to review the first two, check out last week’s post. Let’s move directly to the third setback.

3. Physical Setbacks. Physical setbacks find many forms, but they’re always caused by something outside your freelance business acting upon your freelance business.

Some are things the insurance companies call “Acts of God.” Fires, earthquakes, floods, tornados, hurricanes are all “Acts of God.” You can insure for most of them—you need special insurance for floods, for example—but insurance doesn’t stop the setback. It only ameliorates the damage.
"
Jérôme
'Pour la carotte, le lapin est la parfaite incarnation du Mal.' Robert Sheckley

Répondre

Retourner vers « Les infos sur la Science Fiction, la Fantasy et le fantastique en général »